Wednesday 9 February 2011

My First Draft Film Magaizne Cover - Elimination


This is my film magazine cover for our horror film trailer. I researched covers of Empire and based some of my ideas for the magazine on the previous Empire covers. I wanted a close up image, the same as my poster, as i wanted it to be intense and scary when you look at it. I felt a full length body shot for my magazine on our trailer wouldnt be as intense and feel scary. I made sure i added text on the left and right hand side as on Empire, and most magazines. I made sure the information on the front cover related to films as the magazine is a film magazine. I also made sure the information was current and recent as the fillm is going to be promoted now for when it owuld be released and also the films referred to on the front would be popular films and films that people would also want to read about if this was going to be a magazine front cover. I chose to ahev the background black, again i wanted the image to stand out, and this time as it is a magazine front cover, have the text on the front cover stand out. I chose to have the title of the magazine in red as most of the Empire copies have their title in red, but also to add to the horror theme. I felt having the text in white would stand out and having tried other colours, such as blue and green, white seemed better for the cover. Also the magazine cover would somewhat match the film poster, so for the film, there wuld be consistancy. I included the issue date and price of the magaizne the same as all of the Empire magazine front covers to make it look authentic as if it was a real cover of Empire. I added the website at the top to attract my target audience and again to make the magazine look authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment