Wednesday 9 February 2011

My First Draft Film Poster - Elimination


This is my film poster for Elimintion, our horror movie. I did an analysis of Prom Night and Screams film poster as our concept of our film is related to Prom Night and Scream. From the analysis of the two film posters, i found that the posters had a close up of the characters face, to show intensity and add mystery. I liked the idea and thought id do my poster similar. I added an image that was a close up shot of the killer with a knife, to indicate to the audience that it may be a horror film, however i made sure on the poster i didnt make it seem to gory or too scary for the public in order not to offend them. I chose to have the title of the film across the top to attract your eyes to it againt the balck background. I added a question to add a chill to the audience and also a clue about the film. I highlighted the words run and hide to bring your eyes to it, so when you read the words on the poster, your eyes would automatically read 'Elimination - run, hide'. I also made the date of the film release in red also so that the text at the bottom wouldnt be all white and aslo stand out against all the text at the bottom. I added the actors names aslo, as from my analysis showed they tend to put the actors on the poster to indicate to the audience who is in it and also if a famous actor is in the film, the public will be more reluctant to want to see it. I made sure i added the website of the film in order to aim to my tartget audience of teenagers as they tend to go on the internet alot and would be useful to have a website for our audience. I added a list of all the information about the trailer at the bottom as in my research, i found that on most the film posters they had this. I decided to have a black bakcgorund with the image covering the centre of the poster to add effect and as the background is black, your eyes focus more on the image and the text on the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment